Position: 3D Modeler/CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) Technician III
DISCIPLINE: Geomatics/Reality Capture
Sebago Technics is a 100% employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, located in South Portland, Maine, that provides civil & transportation engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying, geomatics and environmental consulting services to the public and private sector.
Our growth offers an exciting opportunity for a 3D Modeler/CAD Technician within our Survey-Geomatics Team. This position is responsible for post processing field work data sets, translation and application of physical geospatial data, captured by 3D laser scanning, traditional survey/GPS practices from our South Portland, ME office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical schooling in AutoCAD, modeling, or related field.
- Building, structures, site, and/or infrastructure CADD and modeling experience.
- Experience using Revit and AutoCAD design software (required).
- Familiarity in building, MEP equipment, industrial plant design, structure layout, and typical construction methods. (preferred).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Proficient in Leica Cyclone and Register 360, Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, and Lumion.
- Experience in or ability to learn and be competent in Leica Cyclone, Register 360, CloudWorx for Revit, and related point cloud registration and processing software.
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Attention to detail and acute understanding of spatial features and items.
- Skilled in PC and software usage including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to generate 3D surfaces, 3D feature items, 2D drawings and digital models from various data sets, sketches, and specifications.
- Familiarity with architecture, engineering, building materials/ construction, building codes and standards.
- Knowledgeable of standard CADD and 3D modeling practices and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic principles of surveying including topography, site survey control, existing conditions, and level of detail/ level of precision of data.
- Ability to critically think autonomously and with team collaboration.
- Ability to efficiently schedule and manage time.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required remain stationary at a workstation for periods of time.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Occasional travel to project sites to collect data, sketches, or images.
- Occasionally assist field crew with project data acquisition on active construction sites.
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Gina Austin, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator by filling out the form on this page.
Sebago Technics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.