Director of Construction Services
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
The Director of Construction Services will lead, manage, and develop the company’s construction inspection and field engineering services including construction inspections, and construction project administration. Our work is done in a collaborative and supportive environment. We have a deep respect for people, and we’re most interested in working with engaged individuals who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Within this construct, the Director will manage existing construction inspection and field engineering services, including the staff that performs and support those services. The Director will collaborate with and serve as a resource to civil engineers, landscape architects, and transportation engineers.
The Director will coordinate inspection requirements and schedules with internal/external project managers and oversee inspectors and field engineers. The Director will identify, pursue and develop construction services opportunities including fostering new clients and work.
Areas of responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Managers and clients to schedule and provide inspection services.
- Develop and maintain inspection workload and schedules to determine staffing needs. Perform regular ongoing coordination of inspection assignments with Project Managers.
- Pursue and assist with business opportunities for inspection and field engineering services for new and existing clients: resident inspection and owner’s representative services, construction-related surveying and laser-scanning services, quality control inspection services, value engineering change proposals (VECP), and temporary construction engineering services.
- Assess training and certification requirements for field inspectors and field engineers. Develop, maintain and train inspectors in relevant safety and inspection requirements and certifications and assure they are adequately trained for their assignments.
- Develop and maintain construction administration record-keeping procedures and policies for field staff and conduct cross-training for engineering and design staff on common construction inspection and administration tasks and record keeping.
- Provide oversite of inspectors including project record keeping and documentation to ensure policies and best practices are followed.
- Communicate with clients to ensure project scope and expectations are met.
- Assist Project Delivery and Transportation Teams with constructability reviews of design plans, construction specifications and contract documents, construction submittals, RFI reviews, and construction cost estimates.
- Perform construction inspection services as needed to meet expectations and maintain relationships.
- Coordinate opportunities and construction-related services with the Survey-Geomatics Team.
- Develop strategic partnerships with outside firms providing complementary services.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following characteristics:
- Progressive construction, construction inspection, materials testing and/or construction administration experience
- Experience supervising and managing engineering, inspections, or construction management
- Experience in project/client management
- Ability to develop work independently delivering quality work products on time and within expected budgets
- Graduate of engineering, construction management program, or equivalent professional experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated relevant experience with Maine DOT construction documentation requirements
- NETCCP paving, Maine DOT Local Project Administration, Erosion Control, Stormwater certifications preferred, but not required
Great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an employee-owned culture of accountability and collaboration, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.