So, here’s how we work. We all get together (and we mean everyone from every needed specialty) to shape an idea. You’ll have an engineer around the table with a landscape architect, a surveyor, maybe even a traffic engineer. From this invigorating first moment of creativity, we are shaping something. Your keen eye for aesthetics and detail will be important immediately, and your designer skills will be invaluable. This is a chance to learn and advance your CAD skills in a dynamic environment with some incredible peers who are there to teach and inspire and learn from you. We’re looking for someone who’s entry-level or advanced in their career, so if you have a two-year degree or comparable experience, practice in being a good listener, and the ability and desire to collaborate and learn inside the collective, you better just go ahead and submit an application. We can’t wait to meet you!
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
This is our outline to provide points of clarity. While it’s not exhaustive, these are good specifics to be aware of. Not every single person meets every single one of these criteria, don’t let that stop you from applying. Together, we shape the new owner and teammate experience with thoughtful training and ever-present peer support.
- Proficiency in Basic AutoCAD and the willingness to learn more.
- The ability to work with other CADD staff to create and edit drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software. This includes collaborating closely with designers and ensuring that the resulting product is accurate from the data received.
- We want you to help prepare submission packages (scanning, copying, folding, and deliveries), as well as prepare exhibits from reports and obtaining information from municipalities, aerial photographs, etc.
Some additional Responsibilities:
- This is a chance to learn and adhere to our CADD standards.
- You’ll review plans, estimate the timeframe for completion, and train in civil site design and Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- There will be frequent meetings with designers and engineers to discuss projects and site designs.
- Finishing well means reviewing and refining completed AutoCAD drawings and mark-ups to assure 100% completion.
- Two-year degree or high school degree with 2 years comparable experience.
- Ability to work well and share ideas within anyone on the team.
- Good communication skills (this is a heavily collaborative collective).
- A keen eye for great aesthetics and all the details.
This is a great opportunity to work on an extremely diverse array of projects as a co-owner and co-creator of this team. We respect people, so we offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We don’t ever stop providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success as we shape together.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by filling out the form on our website.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.