If you are looking for a fulfilling career as a member of a project team that supports the permitting, design, and approval of development projects, then we have a desk waiting for you! The Permitting Specialist/Project Coordinator organizes and supports regulatory permitting and project activities under the direction of the Entitlements Group leader.
Sebago Technics isn’t your standard flavor engineering firm, we’re the most creative collective of industry specialists in the region, and we’re on a mission of shaping together. You’re invited!
Skills are important, but who you are is even more important. We have a deep respect for people and are most interested in working with great listeners who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Picture yourself around a table with other permitting professionals, engineers, surveyors, administrative staff, landscape architects, and CAD designers who enjoy working together to design high-level projects within a dynamic and continuous conversation. No one works in a silo, everything we do is shaping, and we do it together with great intentionality. We respect this process internally, and we invite our clients to respect it too. We love to watch new team members’ faces as they realize how much we value what they know and have learned. Everyone contributes because we all own this company together, literally.
If you’re on board with the culture, then continue reading for a few of the high points and skills that will make this job a good fit for you and all of us.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Project Teams to identify and research regulatory codes, statutes, and provisions for projects
- Communicate with and prepare correspondence and applications to regulatory agencies (municipal/state/federal) to support projects
- Coordinate and prepare regulatory submission applications including all supporting information and materials
- Attend and participate in regulatory and client meetings (may occur outside of normal working hours)
- Attend client meetings and help determine project requirements
- Assist Project Managers draft and issue project proposals, RFPs, budgets, and schedules
- Assist with project organization and communicate project information to the client and project team
- Produce or coordinate project-related graphics, exhibits, and reports
- Fieldwork to visit project sites to assist in permitting assessments, site reconnaissance, or other site related tasks
- Based on background or areas of expertise possible work in environmental site assessments, natural resource identification, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering) preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products, including proofreading and document formatting
- Familiarity with ArcGIS, Photoshop, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D helpful but not required
- Knowledge of the land development, environmental regulatory, and land permitting processes preferred
- Familiarity with civil engineering and/or environmental design standards is helpful
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track projects and work tasks
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by clicking the link below.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.