- Support Vice President of Project Delivery with communications, meeting coordination, and Project Delivery advancement.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with regulatory agency partners, clients and professional partners.
- Maintain master workload schedule for the project delivery; revises as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Meet as required, with individuals and Project Delivery Teams to support culture, workflow, training and development.
- Coordinate with team of technical professionals to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Address questions and concerns of team members.
- Act as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical leaders and internal teams to provide training and information required to advance technical skills of team.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Collect and analyze capacity and backlog to forecast projected workload.
- Maintain workload dashboards and project scheduling dashboard.
- Track project flow through phases and coordinate QA/QC review.
- Meet with Project Managers to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Periodically compare current and anticipated workload with capacity; use judgment to anticipate demand.
- Coordinate with outside partners, regulatory agencies and clients to support meeting expectations, deliverables and deadlines
- Ensure submission materials and courier services are coordinated for deadlines.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of the business and Sebago’s Ideal Project Delivery Method.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory processes in Maine and applicability to projects.
- Maintain small portfolio of select clients and projects.
- Serve as first point of contact for cold calls (telephone and website); develop understanding of project, potentially scope project; work with Vice President of Project Delivery to assign Project Manager and Project Delivery Team Member.
- Develop proposals, timelines and expectations for projects using data from all disciplines involved.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Management or related field required.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods sitting/standing at a desk, working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Gina Austin, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator by filling out the form on our website.
Sebago Technics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.