Sebago Technics, Inc. was retained by Saint Joseph’s College to provide engineering services for a new Athletic Complex consisting of two new artificial turf fields, track and field events area, and 6 tennis courts, with associated parking on their Standish, Maine campus. The College plans to phase the construction into two phases. The proposed improvements replace an existing substandard natural grass turf soccer field, and consolidate other sports uses and fields existing on campus into a complex to accommodate the College’s various athletics programs.
- Proposed venues and amenities for the athletics complex include:
- A Competition Synthetic Turf Field primarily for soccer and lacrosse
- 8-lane, 400m all-weather track & track Jumping and throwing event venues
- Bleachers with provisions for press box, locker and team rooms, officials rooms, public restrooms
- Freestanding concessions building
- A second Synthetic turf field hockey/multipurpose venue
- Portable bleacher seating
- Secondary press box and public restrooms
- (6) Tennis courts
- Freestanding storage building
- Parking & Bus drop-off
- Walkway connections
In association with the Athletic Fields Complex project, the College proposes to construct two new parking lots for the common use as spectator and sports program parking. The parking lots will be constructed with a porous asphalt, which will substantially reduce the need for separate treatment and detention areas for both stormwater runoff quality and quantity. The project is currently under construction, ahead of schedule, on budget, and no change orders. Construction began in the late fall of 2016.