Skills are important, but who you are is even more important. We have a deep respect for people, and we’re most interested in working with great listeners who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Picture yourself around a table with civil engineers, surveyors, and other landscape architects who enjoy working together to design high-level projects within a dynamic and continuous conversation. No one works in a silo, everything we do is shaping, and we do it together with great intentionality. We respect this process internally, and we invite our clients to respect it too. We love to watch new team members’ faces as they realize how much we value what they know and have learned. Everyone contributes because we all own this company together, literally.
If you’re on board with the culture, then here are a few of the high points and skills that will make this job a good fit for you and all of us. We have our eye on a landscape architect or designer who is fully educated in the conventional aspects of site planning and design. You’ll be applying your knowledge of site design principles and practices into extremely broad areas of assignments and related fields. Every project is different, and we are never rinsing and repeating anything. We work on a huge variety of project sizes and types. This work requires the use of design theories and practices and all design-related sciences and disciplines. We’re a creative collective, so you’ll have to be someone who comes up with new approaches to problems as they are encountered. The problem-solving part of our brains is always going. This position requires solid graphics and writing skills that will allow you to bring others along with your ideas and produce shareable work.
At points, you will:
- Serve as the project designer on-site design, landscape, or landscape elements of civil/site projects.
- Provide technical guidance to production and engineering staff
- Assist in marketing landscape design services.
- Plan and coordinate work with project managers, clients, sub-consultants, and contractors.
- Represent Sebago Technics and present project information or resolve project issues.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
This is our outline to provide points of clarity. While it’s not exhaustive, these are good specifics to be aware of. Not every single person meets every single one of these criteria, don’t let that stop you from applying. Together, we shape the new owner and teammate experience with thoughtful training and ever-present peer support.
1. General Role Information
- Develop and review
- Conduct individual research to carry out complex or unusual assignments using new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Perform as a staff advisor and consultant for a technical specialty or design function.
- Identify the need for specialty in-house or sub-consultant services to meet project objectives (environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation planning, etc.).
- Know client standards and policies, schedule requirements and available company resources.
- Understand current industry design and construction practices.
- Know State and municipal regulations and design standards.
This is a great opportunity to work on an extremely diverse array of projects as a co-owner and co-creator of this team. We respect people, so we offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We don’t ever stop providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success as we shape together.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by filling out the form on our website.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.