REPORTS TO: V.P. of Project Delivery
Fully educated landscape architect in conventional aspects of site planning and design. Applies knowledge of site design principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Requires use of design theories and practices of design related sciences and disciplines. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Position requires solid graphics and writing skills. Position further requires the ability to:
- Serve as project designer on site design, landscape or landscape elements of civil/site projects.
- Provide technical guidance to production and engineering staff
- Assist in marketing of landscape design services.
- Plans and coordinate work with project managers, clients, sub-consultants and contractors.
- Develops and monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Represents the firm in meetings to present project information or resolve project issues.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and reviewing design reports, facility planning studies, alternative cost analyses, construction cost estimates, and feasibility studies. Assists in preparation and review of regulatory license and permit applications.
- Conducts individual research to carry out complex or unusual assignments using new or improved techniques and procedures.
- May perform as a staff advisor and consultant for a technical specialty or design function.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of site design elements and the principles and practices of related specialties, including geometric layout, road design, drainage design, grading design, landscape design and site detailing.
- Ability to identify need for specialty in-house or sub-consultant services needed to meet project objectives (environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation planning, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of client standards and policies, schedule requirements and available company resources.
- Knowledgeable of current industry design and construction practices.
- Knowledgeable of State and municipal regulations and design standards.
- Knowledgeable of office design procedures and graphic excellence standards.
- Good written and organizational skills.
2. Knowledge of Project Objectives
- May develop and monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Communicates routinely with project managers on status of project deliverables/schedule.
- Understands special requirements for a particular project, such as deadlines, special standards, environmental issues, permitting requirements, confidentiality, etc.
- Understands level of detail required and extent of research needed to satisfy project objectives.
- Knowledge of overall objectives and concepts involved in the design.
- Knowledge of feasible and locally available construction methods, materials and costs.
3. Client Contact
- Represents the firm in a professional manner when dealing with the public, review agencies and clients.
- Makes technical presentations to clients, regulatory agencies and public meetings.
- Coordinates projects with regulatory agencies, municipal staff, utility representatives, etc.
- Is aware of potential client contacts and leads for new work.
- Attends interviews and make presentations to obtain new work.
- Communicates budget and scope changes to client and prepares contract amendments.
4. Training and Continuing Education
- Responsible for keeping up to date with technical advancements or new methods by reading technical journals, participating in technical associations, attending short courses and seminars, and taking additional evening course work on a periodic basis.
- Learns to use new software applications as required for projects.
- Responsible for advancing communication skills (technical writing, oral presentations and public meetings).
- Advances skills in project management.
5. Record Keeping
- Responsible for keeping and monitoring accurate records of time spent and tasks performed on time sheets and expense forms.
- Monitors project expenditures relative to budgets.
- Prepares monthly invoices consistent with contract obligations.
- Responsible for keeping and monitoring full documentation of telephone and e-mail correspondence with vendors, review agencies, clients, and anyone involved with project tasks and assignments.
- Responsible for monitoring that neat and proper documentation of all computations and reference material are maintained, both electronically and hard copy.
6. Professional Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Keep up to date on standard design practices.
- Be aware of ADA, fire, environmental and other design and construction codes related to design.
- Draft contracts in conformance with Company policy, and have all contracts reviewed by a principal.
- Advises principals of situations and issues that could incur potential company liability.
- Works toward professional licensure.
Experience: 0-5 years
Professional Activities: Member or equivalent grade in professional/technical society.
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by filling out the form on our website.
Sebago Technics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.