Sebago Technics is a 100% employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, located in South Portland, Maine, that provides civil & transportation engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying, geomatics and environmental consulting services to the public and private sector.
Our growth offers an exciting opportunity for a Survey CADD Technician within our Survey-Geomatics Team. This position is responsible for creating and updating a wide variety of survey plans. The Survey CADD Technician II will work on assignments as a project team member to accomplish CADD and other project-related tasks. CADD Technician is responsible for coordinating project stages with project managers, surveyors, and other CADD professionals to deliver complete plans accurate to Sebago Technics Drafting Standards
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC and software usage including Microsoft Office Attention to detail and acute understanding of CADD features and items.
- Create detail-oriented drawings.
- QC and Use of CADD standards.
- Working with licensed surveyors, survey crews and 3d modelers to create CADD drawings.
- Ability to create surface models to be used for by both survey and engineering use.
- Review and understand redline reviews.
- Knowledgeable in local design standards.
- Ability to read utility drawings.
- Create As-built drawings specific to town/ city standards.
- Use of lidar derived data in plans.
- Ability to process and understand the difference between 2d and 3d geometry.
- Ability to generate 3D surfaces, 3D feature items, 2D drawings and digital models from various data sets, sketches, and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of standard CADD and 3D modeling practices and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic principles of surveying including topography, site survey control, existing conditions, and level of detail/ level of precision of data.
- Ability to critically think autonomously and with team collaboration.
- Ability to efficiently schedule and manage time.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- Occasional travel to project sites to collect data, sketches, or images.
- Occasionally assist field crew with project data acquisition on active construction sites.
- Dexterity: Ability to type using a keyboard and use a mouse with relative efficiency for extended periods of time.
- Sitting: Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual Acuity: Ability to discern single line and 3-dimensional computer images representing objects being designed or drafted for extended periods of time.
- Hearing: Ability to hear safety alarms and signals and discern voice communication.
- Ability to work extended hours as-needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical schooling in CADD, modeling, or related field.
- Building, structures, site, and/or infrastructure CADD and modeling experience.
- Experience using Revit and AutoCAD design software (required).
- Familiarity in building, MEP equipment, industrial plant design, structure layout, and typical construction methods. (preferred).
At Sebago Technics, we are a team-oriented, 100% employee-owned company. Each employee-owner has a definite stake in what we do and how we do it. Each member of our staff benefits directly – financially and professionally – from their own hard work.
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Gina Austin, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator by filling out the form on our website.
Sebago Technics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.