Want to become an Owner with one of Maine’s Best Places to Work? Would you like to work with the largest survey/geomatics team in Maine, with a reputation for quality work and use of innovative survey technologies? Sebago Technics, a 100% employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, headquartered in South Portland, Maine, is seeking candidates for MicroStation CADD Technician. If you have the qualifications, enthusiasm and desire to be part of our fast-growing, industry-leading company, this is your chance!
As an employee-owner at Sebago Technics, you will receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and so much more. If this sounds good, please keep reading.
We are adding a full-time MicroStation CADD Technician to our team. This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact as an employee-owner working with our survey team and our engineers.
Responsibilities and Tasks—in this role, you will:
- Produce existing conditions surveys from in-house generated survey data.
- Convert data between AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Conduct records research at the municipal, county, and state levels.
- Prepare right-of-way maps to MaineDOT specifications.
Key Competencies—to be successful, you will need to:
- Proficient in Bentley MicroStation InRoads and/or Open Roads Designer (ORD)
- Knowledge of MaineDOT CADD standards a plus but not required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (familiarity with Carlson Survey a plus)
- Ability to interpret field notes and data
- Experience in digital terrain model (DTM) creation
- Ability to perform public records research and the ability to interpret/plot plans and deeds.
Education and Experience
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of experience drafting/design experience in survey/civil engineering field
As a MicroStation CADD Technician, you play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of property boundaries, creating maps and legal descriptions of land, and providing valuable information for a variety of municipal, state, and federal improvement projects. Join our team for opportunities in your professional growth and advancement, as well as the potential for rewarding salaries.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.