We are seeking candidates for Surveyors to work out of our Bridgton and/or South Portland locations. Do you want to join our team and become an Owner with one of Maine’s Best Places to Work? Sebago Technics, a 100% employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Would you like to be part of one of the largest survey staffs in the State with a reputation for quality work and use of innovative survey technologies? If you have the qualifications, enthusiasm and desire to be part of a fast-growing, industry-leading company, this is a great opportunity! We’d love to hear from you!
Reports to: Director of Survey Operations
The following responsibilities are typical of this position but are not all-encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality project on schedule.
- Being familiar with proper procedures for the care, cleaning and use of a variety of surveying tools and equipment, including field radios.
- Know how to operate, check and perform basic field adjustments on transits, theodolite, EDMI, total stations, total electronic station, data collectors, levels, compass, tribrachs, and tripods. Includes repeating observations and steel taping.
- Perform mathematical checks of trigonometry, geometry, algebra, coordinate geometry, and basic surveying computations.
- Have a working knowledge of hand-held calculators is important.
- Be able to perform traverse and level loop computations including closure, precision determination and adjustment computations.
- Be familiar with taping corrections, basic principles of measurement, EDMI baseline comparison computations, error propagation, and astronomic azimuth determination.
- Perform and/or check lot, area, and intersection (bearing-bearing, distance-distance, bearing-distance) computations.
- Have a general understanding of land use regulations as they relate to lot and site development.
- Knowing the principles of performing basic surveys: leveling, traversing, public land surveys, metes and bounds surveys, construction surveys, horizontal control surveys, State Plane Coordinate surveys and as-built surveys.
- Familiarity with requirements of global positioning (GPS) and geographical land information systems (G/LIS).
- General knowledge of hydrographic, mining and photogrammetric surveying.
- Know the principles of astronomical observations.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise fieldwork for a variety of standard types of surveys.
- Knowledge of proper record keeping, timekeeping, and job expenses.
- Ability to keep, reduce, and check (for completeness and accuracy) neat and orderly field notes for standard surveying operations: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross-section surveys.
- Use of hand-held calculations or microcomputer software, be able to enter field data and produce positional information.
- Knowing when to use, how to obtain, and how to interpret control point records and data sheets, as well as locate points in the field.
- Knowledge of and familiarization with general applications of CAD.
- Be able to coordinate design elements, obtained from professionals, into final drawings.
- Knowledge of surveying ethics and technical standards and organizations such as MSPS, ALTA, NGS, ACSM, BLMS, and ASCE.
- 2-year Associates or 4-year B.S. degree in Surveying/Surveying Technology preferred.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distance if required.
- Ability to climb embankments.
- Ability to bend at the waist and knees.
- Exposure to all types of Maine weather.
Great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Gina Austin, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator by filling out the form below.
Sebago Technics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.