You found us! If you are pursuing a civil, transportation or traffic engineering career and you have been trained in the conventional aspects of site readiness, planning and design, we’ve got a desk waiting for you. Sebago Technics isn’t your standard flavor engineering firm, we’re the most creative collective of industry specialists in the region, and we’re on a mission of shaping together. You’re invited!
Skills are important, but who you are is even more important. We have a deep respect for people, and are most interested in working with great listeners who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Picture yourself around a table with other engineers, surveyors, and landscape architects and CAD designers who enjoy working together to design high-level projects within a dynamic and continuous conversation. No one works in a silo, everything we do is shaping, and we do it together with great intentionality. We respect this process internally, and we invite our clients to respect it too. We love to watch new team members’ faces as they realize how much we value what they know and have learned. Everyone contributes because we all own this company together, literally.
If you’re on board with the culture, then continue reading for a few of the high points and skills that will make this job a good fit for you and all of us.
We have our eye on engineers who are fully educated in the conventional aspects of site readiness, planning and design. You’ll be applying your knowledge of engineering principles and practices into extremely broad areas of assignments and related fields. Every project is different, and we are never rinsing and repeating anything. We work on a huge variety of project sizes and types. This work requires the use of design theories and practices and all design-related sciences and disciplines. We’re a creative collective, so you’ll have to be someone who comes up with new approaches to problems as they are encountered. The problem-solving part of our brains is always going. This position requires solid engineering and writing skills that will allow you to bring others along with your ideas and produce shareable work
We know people come to the table with differing skill sets and experiences. If you have all or just some of the following, we would love to chat with you.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work on part of a major project, a total project of moderate scope, or a number of smaller projects.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, special material requirements, unusual permitting considerations, and difficult coordination issues.
- Work requires a broad knowledge of conventional civil/site design elements and good knowledge of the principles and practices of related specialties, including geometric layout, road design, drainage design, water distribution design, sewer design, pump station design, utility coordination and grading design.
- Interprets and applies State (MDEP, DHS, MDOT, etc.) and municipal regulations and design standards to projects.
- Implements office design procedures and graphic standards, and checks drawings for conformity.
- Estimates quantities and costs from the final plans. Records this information in a neat and organized manner.
- Basic skills in AutoCAD and Land Development
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
5-8 years of experience, P.E. preferred. Responsibilities include the engineering and design of a variety of public improvement and private sector land development projects.
Great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark Adams, President/CEO, c/o Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, using the form on this page.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.