You found us! If you are pursuing a civil, transportation or traffic engineering career and you have been trained in the conventional aspects of site readiness, planning and design, we’ve got a desk waiting for you. Sebago Technics isn’t your standard flavor engineering firm, we’re the most creative collective of industry specialists in the region, and we’re on a mission of shaping together. You’re invited!
Skills are important, but who you are is even more important. We have a deep respect for people, and are most interested in working with great listeners who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Picture yourself around a table with other engineers, surveyors, and landscape architects and CAD designers who enjoy working together to design high-level projects within a dynamic and continuous conversation. No one works in a silo, everything we do is shaping, and we do it together with great intentionality. We respect this process internally, and we invite our clients to respect it too. We love to watch new team members’ faces as they realize how much we value what they know and have learned. Everyone contributes because we all own this company together, literally.
If you’re on board with the culture, then continue reading for a few of the high points and skills that will make this job a good fit for you and all of us.
We have our eye on engineers who are fully educated in the conventional aspects of site readiness, planning and design. You’ll be applying your knowledge of engineering principles and practices into extremely broad areas of assignments and related fields. Every project is different, and we are never rinsing and repeating anything. We work on a huge variety of project sizes and types. This work requires the use of design theories and practices and all design-related sciences and disciplines. We’re a creative collective, so you’ll have to be someone who comes up with new approaches to problems as they are encountered. The problem-solving part of our brains is always going. This position requires solid engineering and writing skills that will allow you to bring others along with your ideas and produce shareable work
We know people come to the table with differing skill sets and experiences. If you have all or just some of the following, we would love to chat with you.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- In a design capacity, plans, develops, coordinates and directs a portion of small projects and/or components of large projects with many complex features.
- Assists Group Leader with quality control and review of plans/documents.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects of varying size and diversity.
- Develops design drawings and reports, field information, alternative cost analyses, construction cost estimates, and feasibility studies.
- Prepares and reviews regulatory license and permit applications.
- Conducts individual research to carry out complex or unusual assignments using new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed products or materials when necessary data are insufficient and confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Performs construction administration and monitoring when required.
- Prepares construction quantity and cost estimates and evaluation of alternatives, from preliminary through final plans. Provides guidance for organizing computations and documentation.
- Represents the firm in a professional manner when dealing with the public, review agencies and clients.
- Makes competent and knowledgeable presentations to clients, regulatory agencies and public meetings.
- Coordinates projects with regulatory agencies, municipal staff, utility representatives and others.
- Is aware of potential client contacts and leads for new work.
- Develops solid working relationships with clients and builds client confidence.
- Negotiates with clients and regulatory agencies to resolve project issues without jeopardizing client or regulatory relationships.
- Keeps and monitors accurate records of time spent and tasks performed on timesheets and expense forms.
- Monitors project expenditures relative to budgets.
- Keeps and monitors full documentation of telephone and e-mail correspondence with vendors, review agencies, clients, and anyone involved with project tasks and assignments.
- Keeps neat and proper documentation of all computations and reference material are maintained, both electronically and hard copy.
- Assures all computations and plans by staff are checked and that a Senior Engineer checks his/her computations and plans.
- Keeps file systems, procedures, and storage locations such that all necessary documents can easily be accessed by others, both in hard copy and electronically.
- Serve as project engineer on civil/site, private, municipal or governmental projects.
- Schedule and coordinate engineering and production staff on assigned projects.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering and production staff.
- Develop quality assurance/control practices and conduct project reviews.
- Assist in marketing of traffic/transportation services.
- Plan and coordinate work with clients, sub-consultants and contractors.
- Develop and monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrate excellent client/customer communication skills (written and oral).
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
Education and Experience:
Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of professional traffic and/or transportation engineering
Education: B.S. Degree or higher in Civil/Traffic Engineering (PTOE preferred)
Professional Registration: Interest in obtaining P.E.
Professional Activities: Member or equivalent grade in professional/technical society.
Great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by clicking the link below.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.