You found us! Sebago Technics isn’t your standard flavor engineering firm, we’re the most creative collective of industry specialists in the region, and we’re on a mission of shaping together. You’re invited!
Skills are important, but who you are is even more important. We have a deep respect for people and are most interested in working with great listeners who are excited to share fresh, new, hyper-creative ideas with people from every side of a project. Picture yourself around a table with other engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, and CAD designers who enjoy working together to design high-level projects within a dynamic and continuous conversation. At Sebago, no one works in a silo; everything we do is shaping, and we do it together with great intentionality.
We love to watch new team members’ faces as they realize how much we value what they know and have learned. Everyone contributes because we all own this company together, literally.
If you’re on board with the culture, continue reading for a few of the high points and skills that will make this job a good fit for you and us.
As a Traffic Engineer at Sebago, you will:
- Prepare engineering calculations, technical reports, and concept/construction drawings
- Oversee the development of traffic studies and permitting for both internal and external projects
- Analyze traffic data, including but not limited to, traffic volumes, crash data, active transportation user data, etc.
- Perform intersection and roadway analysis utilizing Synchro and SimTraffic
- Monitor and optimize existing signal systems. Sebago Technics has an in-house Traffic Monitoring Center where we provide on-call services to municipalities in Maine for the management of their traffic signal systems, and
- Oversee construction administration for traffic signal design projects.
We know people come to the table with varying skills and experiences. If you have all or just some of the following, we would love to chat with you.
- Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years, minimum, experience in Traffic or Transportation Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License required, or ability to obtain within a year
- PTOE and IMSA certifications are not required but are a plus
- Proficiency in engineering software such as Synchro / SimTraffic and MicroStation or AutoCAD; VISSIM experience a plus
- Strong communication skills – I know, we all ask for that
- Experience working with state or federal transportation authorities is a plus but not required
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume using our link below.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.