Want to become an Owner with one of Maine’s Best Places to Work? Would you like to work with the largest survey/geomatics team in Maine, with a reputation for quality work and use of innovative survey technologies? Sebago Technics, a 100% employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, located in South Portland, Maine, is seeking candidates for Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) / Project Surveyor. If you have the qualifications, enthusiasm and desire to be part of our fast-growing, industry-leading company, this is your chance!
As an employee-owner at Sebago Technics you will receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and so much more. If this sounds good, please keep reading.
As a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) / Project Surveyor, you will oversee all survey aspects of a project, working independently or in coordination with our other Project Managers.
Responsibilities and Tasks—in this role, you will:
- Coordinate and oversee all survey work related to a project
- Direct the survey component of projects
- Work with the Survey Manager to schedule field and office work
- Review fieldwork, research data, prepare boundary and topographic surveys, prepare existing condition surveys, and oversee construction layout surveys
- Brief the Survey Project Managers on projects for quality control
Key Competencies—to be successful, you will need to:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Make decisions with the company’s best interest in mind
- Present a professional demeanor when communicating with co-workers and clients
- Provide efficient and cost-effective services
Education and Experience
Minimum five (5) years of experience as a licensed professional land surveyor, or 7 years combined experience and education, including boundary, topographic and construction layout services.
As a PLS, you know that being a land surveyor can offer a rewarding career for those who enjoy working outdoors, have strong analytical skills, and are interested in the fields of engineering, construction, and real estate. You play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of property boundaries, creating maps and legal descriptions of land, and providing valuable information for a variety of development and construction projects. Join our team for opportunities in your professional growth and advancement, as well as the potential for rewarding salaries.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.