Sebago Technics is seeking a Title/Deed Researcher to join the Survey and Geomatics team and help maintain our standard of excellence. The researcher will have an immediate and lasting impact on our operations, guiding us toward positive outcomes with comprehensive deed research, document creation, and database maintenance. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Land Surveying firm.
The researcher will support our Survey and Geomatics team by conducting deed research, preparing documents, organizing/maintaining files, and developing project backgrounds.
- Administrative project support to PLS Project Managers
- Research deeds/easements
- Research parcel zoning requirements
- Draft deed descriptions
- Prepare and develop project backgrounds
- Verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal and customer service
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Understand legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Function well in a high-paced environment
- Maintain confidentiality, and exercises discretion and good judgment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus, but not required
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in deed or title research related to Land Surveying.
- Paralegal certificate preferred, but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel to various registries or town halls occasionally. Surveyors research back to the original lot creation which is often well beyond the typical 40-year title search. This may extend beyond what registries have on-line.
This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects and be an integral part of our employee-owned company. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, and great benefits. We work hard at providing opportunities for professional and personal growth while working for our collective success.
Interested individuals can submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Kozicki LaFontaine, Director of Employee Development & Engagement, by clicking the link below.
Sebago Technics embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team of employee-owners that is inclusive and represents our community in terms of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need; we encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.